Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Job - My Life

As you know, I work for a music company.

It's one of those places where you can get into a lot of trouble if you are caught NOT listening to music while working. I'm dead serious. It's even part of our annual review. That's messed up.

It's like working for McDonald's and getting in trouble for not eating their "heart attack in a bag" food.

Anyway (Pig's fave word), today was a banner day at work. I had to finish a report, which had a 5:00 PM deadline, and it was in no way, shape, or form gelling together for me. Oh yeah, I was ticked. I was cussing up a storm which prompted the ominous voice on the other side of my cube to say, "Maidy's in a good mood."

*sticks middle finger up in the air*

I was rampant. I felt the "postal" gene in my head click over to the ON side.

I

was

not

happy.

Then, like a sign from some deity, the loudspeakers kicked on and the whole company was filled with the Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated".

My mood completely changed as I mentally rocked out at my desk.

Music truly does have charm to soothe the savage Maidy.

Still never got the report done.

No comments: