My mom's been complaining of dizziness since she went to my nephew's bar mitzvah back in February. And you all know whenever I mention my mom, I always mention her bouts of "not remembering a damn thing".
Well, her doctor seems to think she falls into the category of TIA (transient ischemic attacks). Thanks, doc. Now my poor mother has done nothing but worry since she was told on Wednesday.
Now, I looked up TIA and the symptoms. Here are the major ones:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause (source)
I won't even touch the confusion issue. I've been saying to Geo, "She seems to get worse by the second." Now we may know why. I already touched on the dizziness, and the headaches are unknown to me.
She had an MRI yesterday and today she is seeing another two doctors.
I told my mom it was no use in worrying about it. If she has it, we'll deal with it. If not, she worried for nothing. I told her if she's worrying too much to talk to God. I said, "That's what you always tell me to do."
She seemed to feel better after I said that to her.
But, I'll admit it ... I'm worried, too.