Anyway, everyone, at least in my company, is all abuzz about their "holiday" plans. Some are going to Baltimore while others are going to the mountains and a few are heading for the Jersey Shore.
And almost everyone will kick off the weekend by going to Happy Hour at a local hotspot called Kildare's. They claim they are the area's ONLY authentic Irish pub and that they "are an authentic Irish experience". SID, I'll need you to fly straight away here to the states to prove that claim.
Yep, everyone is all light and giddy and happy. There are even people that USED to work here who are going to be in attendence tonight. And these are people I actually liked. It should be a goodtime for all.
For the record, I haven't smiled once today since I got in the office. And I know my weekend will suck so bad I could probably market it as a vacuum cleaner.
Why the all out bitchiness? Let's rundown the list, shall we?
- I have no sitter for tonight so I can NOT go to the soiree after work. In the past ten years, I have not ONCE gone out after work with my coworkers. In the past decade, I have been prevented to go to these events by either my late psycho abusive bastard husband or my child. She's not abusive but I do question the psycho part. I'm not blaming Dinks at all. I am her Mommy and I should be there for her. But DAMMIT, I want to have fun, too!
- I'll have my car in the shop AGAIN on Saturday. It's nothing major, just maintenance. But I still lose a good portion of my day. Why not just reschedule, you may ask? I have. This is reschedule number 4. And believe me, the car needs it.
- Sunday will either be boring as hell or boring as hell without my car. I have no concrete plans, nor can I ever make any. And thanks to my social absence for the past decade, all my friends have written me off as "consistently unavailable" spare one, bless her soul.
- Monday is back to the shop for more major work. The last time I had three of my four locks replaced due to some malfunction or another. Guess what? The fourth lock now doesn't work. If those bastards make me pay a deductible for warranty work ten days after I had the car in the shop for the SAME problem, I'll go ballistic.
- This is the legal holiday, Independence Day, or the Fourth of July. Seriously, we Yanks actually call the day by it's name. I don't think any uses Independence Day anymore. It's always, "So, whatcha doin' on the Fourth?" I'm going to my friend's house, with Dink in tow, to her annual Fourth Bash. I've known Donna (that's her name) for over 23 years. And everyone in Donna's family as well as her hubby's family (his name is Paul) know me. Between the two families, there will be over forty people there. And these people love nothing better than to rib and poke fun at me (all with love, mind you).