Saturday, July 22, 2006

My mother has her priorities

Dinker and I got haircuts today. Well, I got a cut and highlighting.

I've been going to the same place for 20 years. My mother goes there, also. She is there every blessed Saturday at 8 in the morning. So yes, she was there this morning for her hair-do update.

Odd child I have ... she can't wait to get a haircut, go to the doctor, and see a dentist. She actually cries when I tell her she won't see the dentist until it's Halloween. She's a bit too well adjusted.

My mom and dad took the Dinks to their house while I got my hair done. When I left the salon, it looked right nasty up in the sky.

"Oh lovely," I thought, "a storm is heading our way."

Either getting one's hair done or washing the car can always guarantee a good rainstorm.

Just before I got to mom and dads', the skies opened up. Ya gotta love it! So I ran into my parents' home in the frellin' rain.

After a few minutes, it seemed to stop raining. I thought that was the best time to dash out with the Dinks to the car.

As we were leaving, the skies looked right unfriendly again. As tradition dictates, my mother walked out with us to my car. As we walked out she felt a raindrop.

"Okay, I'll see you two later. I'm going back in."

"Oh," I said, "keeping your hair dry is more important then seeing off your granddaughter?"

"Yep"

And she promptly abandoned the two of us, disappearing through her front door as the skies opened up again.

My brave, brave mother.

Tags: , , ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget about the other blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! First!

Did the both of you get skinheads?