Friday, March 03, 2006

Yes, I am amongst the living

I ventured to work today and toughed it out.

Okay, I'm a desk jockey who uses the computer for 85% of my work. But I held in there, dammit!

It wasn't so bad being home this week. The only downside was for the Dinks. Poor kid was pent up in the house with me. I tried to make her life fun, but I failed miserably. How SAH moms do it is beyond my scope.

You know it's sad when your three year old starts to cry, "I want go for school for color". That translated is "Mom, you suck! I want to go to school so I can be with my friends and color!" She never says she wants "to" do something. It's always "for".


*sigh*

She was elated when she got to school today. I wish I could say the same about my job.

4 comments:

S.I.D. said...

Wouldn't it be great to swap places with the kids for a day,and go to school with the knowledge we have.

Teachers might not like it though, and as for school dinners I can just imagine.

"Excuse me you call this cooked?

Anonymous said...

SAH mums do it with a bottle of gin keeping them company. Makes it sooooo much easier.

I think I want to be a single mom.

But with Jack Daniels, not gin.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how SAH moms do it either. I would become an alcoholic for sure.

Glad you're on the mend.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could EVER be a SAHM, although I imagine it's like anything else...you figure it out.

Agreed with P&T, though -- I might be figuring the afternoons out with a flask.