Monday, March 06, 2006

Jiffy Death Kiss No Longer a Suspect in Canadian Teen's Death

Peant Butter Kiss Wasn't Killer

I remember this article from a few months back. Aside from being bizarre, it kinda struck a chord with me. Geo's niece, who we shall dub Gee, has some pretty serious food allergies. One of the allergies is the peanut one. And she's a teenager. I just imagined her kissing a guy who just ate a Reese's and thought, "If they were dating, surely the guy knows of the allergies." So in the Canadian case, I figured either the boyfriend was a complete ignorant ass, or something else really happened.

The latter seems to be proving itself true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a peanut allergy too. It's a real bastard.

I've only had to use my 'Epipens' (the syringes of adrenaline) a couple of times, but boy was I bloody scared.

Even scarier to know that adrenaline is the ONLY known remedy and that it sometimes doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Oh bollocks. Yay! I was first!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, Gee won't be kissing any boys for a while and if she does, I hope she conveys the allergy alert first before her hormones take over her mind!!!!!

Shell

Anonymous said...

food allergies are scary.

Poor wee piggy!

And poor wee Gee.

The school our kids go to is a 'nut free' zone (so M, you can't act nuts there, ok?)
Makes it hard to pack lunches sometimes but its worth it if it saves some kid from dying!