Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's the afterthought that counts

I bought my daughter's Valentine gift last month. It was a Disney DVD. I did have a chocolate heart box, but it has disappeared. No, I did not eat it.

My mom and dad bought her Valentine gifts (see, that's multiple) throughout the past two weeks. They gave her two outfits, a pink kitty (which Dink aptly named "Pink Kitty"), and Disney Princess ® underwear.

Geo's mom mailed Dink a Valentine card two weeks ago and put cash in it.

Geo bought Dink a gift last night after work at the Acme. It's a little red basket-like metal bucket filled with Hershey's Kisses ® and topped with a black and red little mylar balloon that reads "Happy Valentine's Day".

Guess which gift is at Dink's school today for Show-n-Tell?

Oh yeah, and he did buy me roses. Half-dozen, multi-colored. I know I talked a mean game yesterday; however, I'm glad he did. :smile:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Similar to a case of enjoying the box the toy came in more than the actual toy. :)

Spikey1 said...

I replace roses with tulips!

Maidy said...

Whinger - her daddy could give her a lump of cat poop and she'd think it was wonderful.

Spikey - I could have taken a video game, but it was still very thoughtful.