Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Yeah okay whatever

I stopped counting how many posts I have read that have something to do with Valentine's Day. Even the anti-Valentine Day posts are still Valentine posts.

I don't mind Valentine's Day and never did, even when I was single.

I usually buy a little something for me as my gift to me. I always say, "if you don't love yourself, how can you expect to love someone else?" So, this year I bought me some chocolate at the Wawa. We're talking Hershey's, baby. Take 5!!! Wheeee-ha! .... What?

Geo and I already had our Valentine's Day dinner so I expect nothing from that man. And that's not a bad thing. I'm not one of those gals that insists on gifts all the time. I don't care for flowers and I don't wear jewelry. the first words out of his mouth this morning were "Happy Valentine's Day, babe". That's good enough for me.

Dink on the other hand will probably get goo-gobs of cards from school along with the obligatory candy in shades of red and shapes of heart. One little boy already told the teacher he's gonna marry Dinker when the get older. How does a mom respond to that? Anyway, Geo and I bought her a Disney Valentine DVD (she likes Mickey and Co.) and a little chocolate heart box. Oh, and a card from Mommy and Daddy. Awwwwww.

To all of my blog buddies, I give you a great big hug and kiss! MWWWWAAAAHHHHHH!!

Happy VD Valentine's Day!!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!, etc...

What? Nothing from Neo Geo? Tell that bundle of prime beef to get down to the shop and buy the BIGGEST bunch of flowers and the BIGGEST box of chocolates ever.

Then send them to ME!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope she gets the chalky conversation hearts. They're so not good, but do in fact bring up many conversations as to their lameness.

CrankyProf said...

Bean got a ton of candy at school, and OD's on sugar at the school party.

SOMEONE wasted good Dove chocolate on the kids. I had to liberate it from her goodie bag!

Boy from Stage Left said...

I was tricked. See, I should have let the holiday go by and never even mentioned it. But come to think of it my mom always tells me Happy Valentines Day and I had a lot of random text messages from people with the same message. Maybe its not so bad. OH BTW, from one of my previous posts regarding being beige. Its about blending in, nothing exciting, no suprises. It may be a southern thing but I think it was first a Seinfeld thing.

Francesca said...

Back atcha, sista!

Virginia Gal said...

thanks for the well-wishes.

As for Dinks, do the Indian thing - get that boy's number and make sure he studies something smart and you can arrange it when they are older : )

Spikey1 said...

Baaaaaa-humbug!

Kyahgirl said...

Happy V-day- a day late and a dollar short :-)

Tony said...

I love my Maidink! :-)

Maidy said...

P and T - You get nothing but annoying get-well cards.

Whinger - She got Sweet-tart candy hearts. She's not crazy about them, so I did the mommy thing and ate them all.

CP - No Dove choccys here. Dink would break my arm if she saw me taking her stash.

SID - Ditto? Ditto what? SID, stop confusing me. It's like commenting with the word "fusebox".

Britt - Beige, got it.

Fran - I do hope you treated yourself to something nice, young lady!

VG - Geo is doing the first draft of the pre-nups now.

Spikey - Oh, you just hush.

Kyah - I'm answering comments a week later. Now that's late!

Tony - *hugs* love ya, sweetie!