Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy 4th of July!


Yes folks, it's that time again! Time for grilling, chilling, and other stuff. And yes, I'll never make it as a rap artist.

My hometown is bracing itself for the bottle-necking onslaught of people for the Live 8 concert tomorrow. I could care less. Of course I would love to see DMB and BEP but in that crowd? No way.

Besides, the more bs I hear and read about this concert, the more disenchanted I have become with the whole deal.

"We don't want your money, we want YOU"

That's the battle cry of the Live 8 festivities. Eee-yah. They're just worried that the backlash that followed Live Aid won't happen this time. It was best noted by Beavis and Butthead that Live Aid and We Are the World was nothing more "than a bunch of rich people asking us for money".

Simple solution .. don't beg for cash. Instead, set up a concert on a weekend in a city that already has days of traditional festivities booked.

DOH!

So the world can come on down, watch Live 8, dig the rest of the Philly Freedom Festival, and grab a cheesesteak or two.

Me? I'll be in my backyard with the family, sipping a Guiness, eating grilled food, and watching the illegal display of fireworks in my neighborhood.

Cheers!

No comments: