Tuesday, July 05, 2005

trikes and fishbowls

My fourth of July consisted of going to Walmart at Whitman Square with the baby. Ooooo, mighty celebration there. I used to be really into the Independence Day gig when I was younger. Nowadays, I just can not get into the 4th and all the hullabaloo that goes along with it. I try. I was tempted by the TNT tent in the parking lot but decided to forgo it. Maybe we'll do the pyrotechnics next year. The baby will be older so she can light the fuses (just kidding).

Walmart was boring. My presence did not enhance it one bit. The baby thought it was great. She thinks walking to the corner to drop a letter in the post is awesome. We bought the usual fare: lightbulbs, car wash stuff, cleaners, etc. A real ripping time.

Home was a bit more interesting. Geo was busy playing Medal of Honor - European Front on his PS2. The baby jumped on her tiny trike and zoomed around the house. I decided to change the lightbulbs in the ceiling fan in the dining room using one of the chairs as a stepladder.

As I reached up to grab one of the burnt out bulbs I happened to look down.

Here comes the baby on the trike.

*CRASH*

Right into my chair. Thank goodness she's light and I was pretty stable. Geo was absolutely no good laughing at the whole scene and the baby thought the crash was pretty funny, too.

All that kept running through my mind was the over the balcony scene from The Omen.

1 comment:

Maidy said...

Greetings right back at ya!

Glad to meet you and thank you very much!