Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Darn you Disney Channel!

Sure.

Now that the new school year has started, Disney Channel has once again changed there Playhouse Disney line-up. It used to be Pooh at 5:30 and 6 followed by the Doodlebops at 6:30 and then Breakfast with Bear at 7. With the exception of Charlie and Lola which comes on around 7:05 during Bear, my child had no problem with me saying "Turn off the TV. We have to go for a ride."

click

Off went the tele and we were history.

Not anymore!

Now it's The Wiggles on at 6 followed by Breakfast with Bear at 6:30. That show is actually an hour long. Like I knew? But it shows Charlie and Lola at 6:35 and then The Wiggles (again!) at 7:05!

Dammit

The Wiggles, Charlie and Lola, and Dora (who thankfully we don't get on our cheapy cable) happen to be the baby's favorite shows.

If left up to me, the TV would not exist in our home. It would me just a monitor hooked up to a DVD player only.

Take that Comcast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rarely watch TV. Superhero neither (apart from the obligatory soaps).

TV these days is so dumbed down (even the news) that I just can't watch it any more.

Tony said...

I watch Rugrats every morning, then the Daily Show, then Fairly Oddparents and Jimmy Neutron.

How Dorky am I?

The Wiggles frighten me, but that one guy.... he's kinda hot. It's fun to watch with the sound off and make up my own naughty dialogue!

ninjapoodles said...

We've seen the Wiggles LIVE. Close enough to touch Captain Feathersword's, um....feathersword.

Right now the child is way hooked on Dora, and any show with a superhero of any kind on it. It's kinda scary. And just to prove that we've exposed her to way too much Adult Swim, she begs daily now to watch "Bender". Ooops.

Virginia Gal said...

Hee hee, in my all adult household, we have no idea what is on the Disney channel so early and how it makes a difference in other households, but reading about it this morning, made me smile - an innocent part of life, sitting and watching the Wiggles (apparently THE show to watch for the pre-school set).
Tony, would love to hear the naughty comments and no you're not dorky, I love the Daily Show! But how come no Spongebob?

Tony said...

Spongebob gives me migrain headaches. It's funny, but....

Captain Feathersword is kinda hunky, too, tho. I wanna see his feathersword.

Maidy said...

B&M - Which is what I fear. Luckily the baby loves to read and has a rather bizarre imagination. I hope the more she sees me and Geo not watching TV, the more she'll rather play with toys or her big wheel.

P and T - Ever since the birth of Reality TV, watching the tele has been rather unamusing (I hate reality tv).

Belinda - You saw the live?? Too cool.

I watched Adult Swim a couple a times (when I had high end cable). Family Guy is over-the-top funny. Watched "Brak" twice. That's it.

Toddlers and pre-schoolers are magnets to the Wiggles and Dora.

VG - it's cute benign viewing for the kids. No violence. Lots of colors. It's better viewing than anime for a toddler.

Tony - You are probably referring to Anthony as the cute one. At least I think he is the cutest Wiggle.

Spongebob is a migraine.

Yes, Paul Paddick (aka the Captain) is good looking. IMO, he's got a really cute butt.

Virginia Gal said...

I love Spongebob!!!