Anyway (someone's fave word), they asked me for my Top Ten song list. The parameters of choosing the songs was easy - 1. Your personal top 10 selection; 2. Your placement in your personal chart from 10 to 1; 3. Reason for each choice (optional).
Well, sounding easy and being easy are two vastly different things. At least for me it is. I was going to do the "pick a song from every genre I like" but there were only ten slots and I like more than ten different types of music. Then I thought of picking ten songs that expressed a certain mood or emotion. If I went that route, you'd be listening to Eminem, The Smiths, JS Bach, Martina McBride, Bessie Smith, ... just to name a few. I instead decided on ten songs that span my lifetime. I'm not talking 60's, 70's, 80's, etc. music. I'm talking my own personal life. Each of these songs have a special meaning for me (and not just the one in the brackets). I'll write later on each song and the special meaning it holds.
So, here is the list and here is a link. Go ahead and give it a listen. All brought to you courtesy of DJ Taz.
10. Crazy on You - Heart (always loved the guitar rifts in this song)
9. Dance This Mess Around - B-52's (reminds me of college and the extreme partying I did)
8. Time Warp - The Original Rocky Horror Picture Show (nothing says a good time better than dancin' with people in drag)
7. Like The Way I Do - Melissa Etheridge (love love love this woman!!!! Did I mention I love her?)
6. Under A Violet Moon - Blackmore's Night (I'm a Renn Faire fan. What else would you expect?)
5. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (with RANDY RHOADS!!!!!)
4. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones (it was either this or Time Is On My Side. I must admit to cranking Shelter in the car. I like singing Time ever since I watched that creepy movie Fallen. To anyone who has watched that movie, hearing someone singing Time will also creep them out.)
3. I'd Run Away - The Jawhawks (again, a tie between this and Bad Time. I love both songs equally so I flipped a coin.)
2. So Much To Say - Dave Matthews Band (have every CD this man and his group has ever made and do you think I ever went to ONE frellin' concert?!? I'll answer that for you ... NO. *sigh*. Oh yeah, this was another tie. I also love Gravedigger. I thought So Much was just a wee bit catchier.)
1. Trampled Under Foot - Led Zeppelin (it's Led Zeppelin. Need I say more?)