Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Quick, Ethel! We're surrounded!

As I was driving to work this morning ... wait, did I say drving? Silly me. As I was sitting in traffic on the way to work this morning, I looked over at this large sloping grassy patch next to the PA Turnpike. On this little swatch of green I saw tons of Canadian geese. There had to have been thirty to forty of them. They were all walking downwards toward the road. I thought, "Oh my gosh, it's a suicide pact!" I looked again. At the bottom of the grassy slope was a hay bale. And a goose was on top of it. And there was another goose in front of it looking straight towards the goose mob.

Then I got the picture.

The geese with the hay think they just got the motherload of nests and the other geese are going to bum rush them.

If that doesn't suck.

2 comments:

Rowan said...

saw a dead canada goose yesterday, poor thing....car hit it, wouldn't be surprised if the car was dented by the size of the thing!

Maidy said...

Ewwww! On the turnpike this morning, part of it near where the geese were was pure red. With pieces of leftovers here and there. I freaked!