Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Literary Meme

Thank you, pax, for this idea.

Directions:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

Damn. The first book I picked up, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander, only had 42 pages.

"The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of ..."
from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

I am almost on book six. That's my goal before GOF hits the theatres.

4 comments:

Merci said...

We'll have to compare notes when you finish book 6.

I haven't seen the film version of Prisoner yet. Gotta do that soon!

Anonymous said...

I refuse to do it.

I refuse!

NOOOOOOOOO! Don't plant the seed in my head!

Arrrrrrrgh!

*trots out, looking for the nearest book that's not a damn bloody 'chart hits from the 12th-21st century' listing of Tazzy's*

Yay! I'm first!

Anonymous said...

Oh damn. I *thought* I was first!

Wrong again.

Damn and blast.

Bloody Blogger page lied to me.

Maidy said...

Merci - Okey doke! Sounds good.

Would you believe I have movies 1, 2, and 3 on DVD and I have only watched 1?

T and P - You boys and Blogger don't seem to be playing nice together at all.