Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It Came From the Ceiling Fan

It's 6 am. I've been awake for over an hour. I'm trying to get the baby awake (and we all know what a joy that is for me). I'm sneezing my ever-loving frellin head off. WTF? Damn allergies.

I go in my room and look up at the ceiling fan. Normally, the damn is running from April until October. Actually, all the ceiling fans in our home go full tilt from spring into summer into autumn. Today, it was silent and still and as FILTHY AS THE BOTTOM OF A DUMPSTER!!!

Sweet mother of all things holy!

Out comes the bucket and sponge and orangey smelling cleaning stuff. The fan gets a major clean ... at 6:03 am. I go and inspect the other fans.

AHHHHHH!!!!

No wonder I'm sneezing my backside off!

It is now almost 9 pm est and I finished the last fan.

God as my witness, I am not looking under my bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn;t look either. You've seen the movie Poltergeist, right?

That clown will get you. For sure.

And I'm pleased to say I now own more of my own blogshares than you do. While I was at it, I made a nice healthy purchase of yours. Your share price juped up to $BS10 you know!

Maidy said...

Ugh! Damn. Gotta get on blogshares now.

I hate clowns!!!! Creepy ass things. I didn't need to see Poltergeist to cement that fear.

Rowan said...

I've made my share of revelations of the ceiling fans over the last year, amazing the crap that glues itself to them eh?

word ver: "ewgox" ewwww, gox! as in gross? IDK!

CrankyProf said...

I broke down and cleaned our ceiling fans when I realized that we DIDN'T have3 a bird in the house -- it was a looooong dust bunny, hanging from the fan.

yuck, yuck, yuck.

We're sneezing our heads off here, as well -- darn pollen!

Maidy said...

Rowan - gox (n) the crap that builds up on the ceiling fan blades.

Used in a sentence: Damn! All that gox is gonna make the fan crash on the baby's head.

CP - whoa! That's a lot of gox!

The baby is on Zyrtec and Geo and I have been living off of Claritin-D OTC. I hate pollen. And hayfever. And mold. And ragweed.